• The amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought.
Usage: Interfaith dialogue can easily slip into syncretism.
2. Fag end
• A cigarette end.
• The last part of something, especially when regarded as less important or interesting.
Usage: The fag end of the Indian cricket season.
3. Bone to pick
• To have something you want to discuss with another person or organization. The discussion topic is usually something bad, like hurt feelings or a wrongdoing.
Usage: You have a bone to pick with some voices in Indian mass media for utterly misleading you.
• Signage is the design or use of signs and symbols to communicate a message to a specific group, usually for the purpose of marketing or a kind of advocacy. A signage also means signs collectively or being considered as a group.
Usage: Architectural fittings such as switches, extinguishers and signage can take on as much significance as the main exhibits.
• Retrenchment is an act of cutting down or reduction, particularly of public expenditure.
Usage: This period of retrenchment will see companies shed staff.
• A close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other’s feelings or ideas and communicate well.
Usage: She was able to establish a good rapport with the children.
• The easing of hostility or strained relations, especially between countries.
Usage: The USA policy of arms control and detente with the Soviet Union
• A right or privilege exclusive to a particular individual or class.
Usage: In some countries, higher education is predominantly the prerogative of the rich.
• In law, a prerogative is an exclusive right bestowed by a government or state and invested in an individual or group, the content of which is separate from the body of rights enjoyed under the general law. It was a common facet of feudal law.
• Split or tear apart violently.
Usage: The party was riven by disagreements over Article 370.
• Bitterly hostile.
Usage: A virulent attack on liberalism by Capitalists.
• Extremely severe or harmful in its effects.
Usage: A virulent strain of influenza.