• Providing necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, system, etc.
Usage: Ancillary staff.
2. Vakalath nama
• Document by which an advocate is authorized to represent a party in court.
3. Parallel Economy
• Parallel economy is the functioning of an unsanctioned sector in the economy whose objectives run in opposite to the objectives of official sanctioned or legitimate sectors.
• The parallel economy has political, commercial, legal, industrial, social, and ethical aspects.
• Prevalence of black money gives rise to parallel economy.
• A striking point about parallel economy is that it promotes the type of economic activities where undisclosed income remains hidden to tax authorities.
• A ratchet is a mechanical device that restricts movement in one direction and allows movement in the opposite direction.
• Operate by means of a ratchet.
Usage: A ratcheted quick release system.
• Cause something to rise or fall as a step in what is perceived as an irreversible process.
Usage: The Bank of Japan ratcheted up interest rates again.
• Of a problem or issue difficult and much debated; problematic.
Usage: The vexed question of how much money the government is going to spend.
• Annoyed, frustrated, or worried.
Usage: I’m very vexed with you!.
6. Contempt of Court
• A party wilfully disobeying an order of a court can be held in contempt of that particular court.
• Under the Contempt of Courts Act, 1971 this is defined as ’civil contempt’.
• Any act that lowers the authority of the Court or interferes with the course of justice is defined as ’criminal contempt’.
• Each court has the power to punish anyone committing contempt of a court.
• Of various kinds; several.
• Various items not important enough to be mentioned individually.
Usage: Excellent fruits are produced in its vicinity, and its exports include cacao, coffee, sugar, hides, tobacco and sundry products in small quantities.
Synonyms: varied, miscellaneous, assorted, mixed, diverse.
• Relating to or according to the principles of a particular religious denomination.
Usage: Denominational schools.
• Reckless extravagance or wastefulness in the use of resources.
Usage: The government returned to fiscal profligacy.
• Equivalent in seriousness to; virtually the same as.
Usage: The resignations were tantamount to an admission of guilt.