• Brought back; revived.
Usage: Damian has the veneer of the angry young man redux.
• Praxis is the process by which a theory, lesson, or skill is enacted, embodied, or realized.
• It may also refer to the act of engaging, applying, exercising, realizing, or practicing ideas.
Usage: The disparity between theory and praxis is particularly glaring in the redaction of canonical works.
• Agroecology is the study of ecological processes applied to agricultural production systems. Bringing ecological principles to bear in agroecosystems can suggest novel management approaches that would not otherwise be considered.
• Discontinue a session of a parliament or other legislative assembly without dissolving it.
Usage: Shah prorogued this Parliament, never to call another one.
• The practice of deliberately preventing the facts or full details of something from becoming known.
Usage: Allegations in the Press about government obscurantism.
• Characteristic of the Devil, or so evil as to be suggestive of the Devil.
Usage: His diabolical cunning.
• Disgracefully bad or unpleasant.
Usage: A singer with an absolutely diabolical voice.
7. Scientific temper
• The Scientific temper is a way of life which uses the scientific method and which may, consequently, include questioning, observing physical reality, testing, hypothesizing, analysing, and communicating.
• It describes an attitude which involves the application of logic.
8. Fork in the road
• A fork in the road is a metaphor, based on a literal expression, for a deciding moment in life or history when a major choice of options is required.
Usage: Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a cat in the tree.
• Not pleasant to taste.
Usage: Scraps of unpalatable food.
• Difficult to put up with or accept.
Usage: The unpalatable fact that many of the world’s people are starving.
• Portray as wicked and threatening.
Usage: He was demonized by the press.
• A very small dot or amount.
Usage: The stars were pinpricks of light.
• Free from mental derangement; having a sound, healthy mind.
Usage: Rahul would be working late as the saner minds in Congress sought to end the crisis.