Answer the questions 1 to 3 on the basis of the data given in the table.
A cake chain manufactures two types of products- ‘cakes/ pastries/gateaux’ and savouries. The chain was concerned about high wastage (in terms of leftover) and wanted to reduce it. Table 1 provides information about sales, costs and wastage for both products.
Table 1: Revenue Statement
Question 1. Which of the following statement(s) is (are) right?
1. The worth of leftover for cakes/pastries/gateaux increased from 1993 to 2004.
2. The worth of leftover for cakes/pastries/ gateaux, kept on fluctuating, many a times, between 1993 and 2004.
3. The worth of leftover for savouries and cakes/ pastries/gateaux was highest in 2004.
4. The worth of leftover for savouries kept on fluctuating, many a times, between 1993 and 2004.
Choose the right combination from the following:
A. 1 and 4
B. 3 and 4
C. 1 and 2
D. 3 only
E. All Statements are True.
Question 2. Maximum decline in worth of leftover of cakes/ pastries/gateaux occurred in the year:
A. From 1997 to 1998
B. From 1995 to 1996
C. From 1998 to 1999
D. There was always an increase in worth of left over
E. Cannot be calculated from the data.
Question 3. If profit = sales – cost – leftover, in which year did the cake chain was in losses?
Choose the right option:
A. 1, 2, 3, 4
B. 3, 4
C. 2, 3
D. 1, 2, 3
E. It was always in profit
Answers and Explanations
Solution: For questions 1 to 3:
Answer 1. (E)
As from the calculations illustrated in table given above, all the statements 1, 2, 3 and 4 are true.
Answer 2. (C)
From the table, in the year 1999 the decrease is the highest (4.65 lacs).
Answer 3. (A)
The cake chain was in loses in 1993, 1997, 1998 and 2000.
Want to explore more Data Interpretation Sets?
- Data Interpretation (Level-3): Set-32
- Data Interpretation (Level-3): Set-33
- Data Interpretation (Level-3): Set-34
- Data Interpretation (Level-3): Set-35
- Data Interpretation (Level-3): Set-36