Meanings of Declaim
1. To speak aloud in an impassioned oratorical manner
2. To deliver a formal recitation
Master’s Tip to Learn Declaim
Declaim can be remembered by linking it to Declamation (which is noun form of declaim). We all have encountered Declamation contests in our school and college life where we had to give a speech.
Sentence examples for Declaim:
1. The speakers declaimed on a variety of issues.
2. He declaimed against the high rents in slums.
3. Brutus declaimed from the steps of the Roman senate building.