The word Disciple is used for a person who adheres to and helps in spreading the doctrines of someone else, a follower. It is a noun.
It has been in use before 900 and has been derived from the Latin word discipulus.
Meanings of Disciple
1. Someone who follows or attends upon another for the purpose of learning from him; a pupil or scholar.
2. Someone who strongly believes in the teachings of a leader, a philosophy, or a religion.
3. One of the personal followers of Jesus Christ during his life; especially, one of the Twelve Disciples.
Master’s Tip to Learn Disciple
The easiest way to remember the meaning of Disciple is to think of it as a person who follows another person’s disciplines.
Sentence examples for Disciple:
1. Each disciple must be registered to practice in the appropriate professional field.
2. They form a circle of dedicated disciples who conscientiously wrote down everything the prophet said.
3. He has never tried to hide the fact that he is a disciple of communism.