Meanings of Elusive
1. (Adj) difficult to catch
2. (Adj) preferring or living in solitude and anonymity
3. (Adj) difficult to remember
Master’s Tip to Learn Elusive
Ever try to catch a mouse? It’s not easy, because mice are quick and elusive — they’re tough to catch. Rabbits are speedy, so they’re elusive too.
Another example of elusive is a difficult name to remember. How easy is to remember your beloved actor ‘Arnold Schwarzenegger?’ Elusive right?
Sentence examples for Elusive:
1. An elusive concept.
2. A fish too elusive to catch.
3. I had no luck in tracking down this elusive man.
4. An attempt to recapture an elusive memory.