Extortion is when a person obtains something by threat or illegal ways, or by taking undue advantage of his position. Now this forced extraction take place by using brute physical force, where one places a gun to another’s head and takes what one wants.
The other kind of extortion is the mental one, where one takes what one wants with the help of threats, games, plots and schemes: I think the latter is the one that is scary. The first one, even though violent, is at least on the surface, the other is insidious like termite.
The Dictionary Definitions of Extortion are as follows:
1. The act or an instance of extorting.
2. Illegal use of one’s official position or powers to obtain property, funds, or patronage.
3. An excessive or exorbitant charge.
4. Something extorted.
Master Tip to Learn Extortion:
Mafia gangs usually indulge in smuggling of drugs, by using their powers. They do what they have to get their hands on moolah, don’t they?
1.Extortion of money
2. Tops then rapidly for racketeering extortion dollar players get.
3. Extortion attacks were originally used against online gambling sites.
4. The practice of ‘trick or treat ‘ uses extortion and blackmail to prevent vandalism and is condemned as criminal the rest of the year.