The Weekly Update consisting of Important News, Events, Facts and Achievements. Browse Regularly for Strengthening your General Knowledge, and staying abreast with what is happening around you.
National Political News:
1. US President Obama has begun his India trip on hopes of mutually strong ties. He will be the first American President to be the chief guest at Republic day parade.
2. MadhuriDixit, the movie star, is brand ambassador for PM Modi’s Beti Bachao Beti Padaho Andolan, launched from Panipat, Haryana on 22nd Jan.
3. CBI has examined former PM Manmohan Singh and PMO officials in the allocation of Talabira II coal mines to Hindalco, in the coal gate case.
4. Supreme Court bars Srinivasan from contesting Presidential election of BCCI. His son in law Meiyappan of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Raj Kundra of Rajasthan Royals (RR) have been found guilty of Betting in IPL matches.
5. Saradha scam enquiry by CBI puts Mamta Banerjee and TMC in a tight spot. Revolt in TMC by Dinesh Trivedi MP former Railway minister on the issue of coming clean by tainted leaders of TMC.
International Political News:
1. Saudi Arabia’s King Abdulla has passed away and his body has been interned in an unmarked grave.
The king of Saudi Arabia is regarded as the custodian of the holiest Muslim shrines of Mecca and Madina.
2. Much acclaimed in India Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana in U.S, A former congressman and potential US Presidential candidate has shrugged of his dual identity of being an Indian American, and born to expat Indians. He wants to be known as American only.
3. ISIS militant group releases video, claiming beheading of 1 of the 2 Japanese hostages held by it as captives for ransom/exchange of prisoners.
1. Stock market Indices Nifty and Sensex record gains to touch new highs above 8700 and 29000 respectively.
2. As per IMF’s world economic outlook update Indian economy may grow 6.5% in 2016-17, against China’s projected growth during same period of 6.3%.
3. Govt. of India is wooing 200 U.S companies including the likes of Boeing, Ford, Honeywell, General Electric and Westinghouse etc. during the visit of President Obama.
4. Falling oil prices the word over may transfer $1.5 trillion of wealth to consumer’s by way of lower oil prices. Prices have more than halved from $120 a barrel to $48 a barrel. Middle East, OPEC and Russian economies may contract by 4%.
Science and Technology:
1. Tennis racquet with the latest App Power Button is being used by Super Star Rafael Nadal to guide the timing of his shots to perfection and is the latest advancement of technology use in Tennis. At the end of the game the data gathered can be downloaded to analyse the players’ game on a smart phone or a computer.
1. India’s poor performance continues in the cricket Tri-series of one day international’s being played in Australia. India loose to England in One day game played at Brisbane. India skittled out for 153, in 39.3 overs to pace of Finn and Anderson. England Replied with 156 for 1 in 27.3 overs.