National Political News:
1. Janta Dal United and RJD after much dithering agree to contest the forthcoming Bihar Elections as allies. A Janta Parivar had been previously constituted with Mulayam Singh Yadav anointed as its leader. Both JDU and RJD shall be constituents of Janta Parivar after the Bihar Elections are over. The tussle over CM Candidature of Nitish Kumar in Bihar is at center space in the ongoing tussle.
2. PM Narendra Modi has concluded a successful visit to Bangladesh. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Prime Minister Narendra Modi have jointly reiterated zero tolerance to terrorism at Bangabandhu conference centre, Dhaka University.
3. Army in a commando strike against North East insurgents along the India Myanmar border, inflicted significant casualties against the NCN Khalap lead terrorists/insurgents responsible for the ambush of 20 Indian soldiers. The Army’s 21 para Special Forces trained in Jungle warfare and commando tactics have destroyed two insurgents’ camps along with 60 rebels, 2 kms inside Myanmar.
4. 22 pilgrims killed near Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh, as a van fell off a bridge over the Godavari river during night hours. The overcrowded van was caring pilgrims on way back home from temple town Tirupati.
5. Delhi Law Minister, AAP’s Jitender Singh Tomar arrested over a fake degree usage issue. The complainant’s assertion is regarding the submission by Tomar of fake B.Sc and LLB degrees to Delhi Bar council for getting registered as an advocate.
6. A tanker containing liquid ammonia strikes at a bridge under pass in Doraha town of Ludhiana district in Punjab resulting in leakage of ammonia gas. 5 people have been killed, 190 hospitalised as a result of fatal fumes emanating from the accidented tanker. 5 km area around the site of the accident affected by the leaked gas.
International Political News:
1. The G-7 group of industrialised nations which include USA, France, Britain, Germany and Canada have at a summit in Bawarian Alps in Germany advocated a tough line against Russia for its military intervention in Ukraine. Islamic militant threats from ISIS Boko Haram are also on the agenda for discussions during the summit and subsequent action thereafter.
2. Turkey’s Islamic rooted party The Justice Development Party (AKP) lead by Turkish President Recep Tayyap Erdogan has lost its absolute majority in Parliament. It had dominated Turkish Politics for the last 13 years.
3. Pakistan is feeling the heat of the Indian strike against the insurgents in North East India and Myanmar. Pakistan interior minister warns against any such strike against Pakistan. Pakistan Prime Minister also expresses his dismay over statements by Indian Politicians on the issue of pursuing terrorists outside Indian borders.
1. Banker Anshu Jain of Indian origin quits as CEO of Deutsche Bank in Frankfurt, following criticism from investors. The issue at hand was probes into alleged manipulation of benchmark interest rates, misselling of derivatives and tax evasion.
2. Nestle’s Maggi Noodles are continuing to boil. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is to initiate testing of other such products like noodles, pastas, macaronis of 8 top food companies in India.
3. RBI has unveiled a debt restructuring scheme by which the banks will be able to bring in change of management of the companies in the hand of chronic defaulters. RBI shall allow banks to convert debt of these companies into equity and could also bring in foreign promoters with a stake as low as 26%.
4. Indian stock and share Index Nifty and Sensex have breached the 8000 and 26500 levels respectively after massive FII withdrawals from the Indian stock markets on fear of poor monsoon and low earnings of the Indian companies listed on the bourses.
Science and Technology:
1. A significant discovery of glass on the planet Mars by NASA’s Mar’s Reconnaissance orbiter detected presence of deposits of glass within impact craters on Mar’s. Glass may have been formed in searing heat of a violent impact. It opens up potential in the search of ancient Martian life. The region is rife with ancient hydrothermal fractures and warm vents that provided for energy to life to thrive on Mar’s.
1. Swiss Player Stanilas Wawrinka wins the French open tennis tournament by beating World Number one Novak Djokovic 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 and 6-4 in an enthralling final at Roland Garros, Paris. Earlier on Djokovic and Wawrinka had beaten Rafale Nadal, Andy Murray, Roger Federer amongst others on their way to the finals.
In the woman’s final Serena Williams of US took the woman’s crown beating Lucie Safarova 6-3, 6-7, 6-2 in a see saw final.
2. In the Champion League Soccer final at Berlin, Spanish Club Barcelona beat Italian Club Juventus 3-1. Neymar, Luis Suarez and Ivan Rakitic were amongst the Barcelona goals. The Juventus solitary goal was scored by Alvaro Morata.
3. Lewis Hamilton has won the Canadian Grand Prix in a Mercedes car and leads his nearest rival, another Mercedes team mate Nico Rosberg by 17 points in the Grand prix circuit. Lewis Hamilton started this race at the pole position.