National Political News:
1. Firebrand brand VHP leader Ashok Singhal passes away in Gurgaon at the age of 89 because of multi organ dysfunction. Ashok Singhal played a major role in the Ram temple Ayodhya movement. He was a organizer of Hindu Sammelans and Dharma Sansad.
2. 7th Pay commission recommends increased pay and allowance of 23.55% to serving central government employees and a 24% rise in pensions for pensioners.These changes are expected to cost the government Rs. 1.02 lakh crore in the year of 2016-17 and is likely to benefit 47 lakh central employees and 52 lakh pensioners. The pay panel was headed by a retiredSupreme Court judge A.K. Mathur.
3. The latest to be arrested in the high profile Sheena murder case of Mumbai is Peter Mukarjee the former media tycoon and husband of Indrani Mukarjee the mother of the deceased.
4. Nitish Kumar has been sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister. Lalu Yadav’s son Tejaswi Yadav becomes the Deputy Chief Minister with the portfolio of Road construction and another son of Lalu Yadav,Tej Pratap gets the health portfolio as a minister.
International Political News:
1. The G-20 meet in Antalya, Turkey turns in to an anti terror meet in the back drop of terrorist attacks in Paris. President Obama of USA vows to work with France. PM Modi tells his BRICS counterparts on the side lines of the meets that all humanity must stand as one against terror. Obama asks Turkey to fortify its border with Syria.
On the side lines of G-20 meet India has announced its conclusion of a civil nuclear deal with Australia for buying uranium to overcome the chronic shortages in its power production program. Australia has 40% of World’s uranium resources.
2. ISIS threatens to hit the US capital Washington and other targeted in Europe as a reprisal for bombing ISIS targets in Syria.
France retaliates the ISIS terrorist attacks by dropping 20 bombs on Raqqa, de facto capital of ISIS self declared caliphate in Syria. 10 French fighter jets carried out heavy air strikes at ISIS training camps and arms depots.
France and Russia join hands to pound ISIS. France deploys its aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle in the Mediterranean sea.
3. Terror outfit with Al Qaida links kills 22 people at Radission Blue Hotel in Bamako, Mali, West Africa. Mali is a former French colony. French forces based in Mali killed the 2 gunmen in an encounter.
1. Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha states that banks can takeover equity in distressed assets projects through the SDR route. Banks can then look for some one else to turn around the distressed project.
2. CCI imposes a Rs. 258 crores fine on Jet Airways, Indigo, Spice Jet for colluding in fixing and revising Fuel Surcharge (FSC) for transporting cargo. The Airlines acted in parallel as per CCI order.
Science and Technology:
1. Stubborn plastic waste can be decomposed as per Chinese scientists with the help of worms who can digest it and degrade it to carbon dioxide and nutrition as per Environment science technology professor Yang Jun of Beihang University and Dr. Zhao Jiao of Shenzhen based geonomics organization. BGI larvae of Tenebrio molitor also known as yellow mealworm in China digests polystyrene the most difficult plastic to decompose.
2. Blue LED lights used by researchers in Korea advanced institute of science, technology and bioscience in Seoul, capital of South Korea in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. It is a significant advance to treat neurodegenerative diseases. It suppresses abnormal assembly of beta amyloids, a protein found in brain by using photo excited porphyrins with Blue LED.
1. Veteran actor Saeed Jaffrey with sterling performances in 100 Bollywood and Hollywood movies died in London at the age of 86.
Shatranj Ke Khiladi, Masoom, Chashme Buddoor, Jewel in the crown and Laundrette were amongst his finest works.
1. Nico Rosberg of team Mercedes wins the Brazilian formula one Grand Prix , second year in a row in homeland of Ayrton Sena regarded as the all time great in motoracing. Lewis Hamilton came second and Sebastian Vettel in Ferrari came third.
2. The second Australia vs New Zealand test at WACA in Perth ends in a draw. Australia scored 559 for 9 declared and 385 for 7 wickets declared. New Zealand scored 624 runs in the first innings and remained unbeaten with 104 for 2 wicket in the second Innings.
Australian pace spearhead Mitchell Johnson retires from all form of International cricket after the test match.