Fatal is a very commonly used word. It means something that can bring death or is capable of causing it. It is used as an adjective.
Fatal was first used around 1350-1400 and was originally derived from the Latin word fātālis
Meanings of Fatal
1. Causing or capable of death.
2. Events having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences.
3. Something that brings death.
Master’s Tip to Learn Fatal
Fatal can be learnt by relating to the word fat as being fat can cause in life threatening conditions and can ultimately cause death.
Sentence examples for Fatal:
1. He has been diagnosed with a fatal disease.
2. Her mistake is unforgivable, almost fatal.
3. Scientists have known for some time that cocaine can raise bodytemperatures to fatal levels.