Definition & Meaning: Fer Root Word
The root word Fer is derived from Latin word confer- to bring an honor to someone; or carry/bring/ bear something.
There are multiple words based on this root word Fer. For instance, ferry means a boat that carries passengers and trans-fer means to move to another place.
Words Based on the Fer Root Word
Following is the list of words based on Root word fer :
1. Transfer: ‘Carry’ across
2. Suffer: ‘Carry’ under
3. Different: ‘Carried’ apart
4. Refer: ‘Carry’ back
5. Prefer: ‘Carry’ before
6. Fertile: ‘Carries’ much fruit
7. Infer: ‘Carry’ into
8. Referendum: Vote ‘carried’ back
9. Circumference: A ‘carrying’ around
10. Vociferous: Voice ‘carrying’
11. Coniferous: Cone ‘carrying’
12. Deferment: Act of putting off to a future time
13. Deferential: Showing deference
14. Defer: Hold back to a later time
15. Inference: A logical conclusion drawn from available data using reason.
16. Aquifer: Underground bed or layer yielding ground water for wells and springs etc
With this, we come to an end of this lesson on Root word Fer. Hope your learning has been immense. Keep revising, keep learning with Wordpandit. Here’s wishing you an enriching vocabulary.