Women in the boardroom: Why now?
For this article, the summary can actually be written in very few lines. In fact, the passage talks about the following:
- There is talk about diversity in workplace.
- The meaning in West and East is different for workplace diversity.
- In East, it means bringing more women on board.
- Studies have shown the having more women on board boost profits. Why so?
- Women help brining in diverse ideas, which in turn, boosts innovation and thus, helps organisations stay competitive.
- Also, women are risk averse and having them on board means companies are more prudent, thereby capping their debt.
- Also, as society has changed from agriculture to technology driven, the need of physical strength in workplace has reduced, thereby making it easy for women to enter workplaces.
- The author thinks many leaders lack this understanding and hopes the situation changes.
This is all the passage is about and these are the key points you needed to extract while reading this article.
Words to learn from this Article:
Diversity: Noticeable heterogeneity
Ecosystems: A system formed by the interaction of a community of organisms with their physical environment
Caucasian: Of or relating to Caucasian people/ Of or relating to the geographical region of Caucasia (A large region between the Black and Caspian seas that contains the Caucasus Mountains; oil is its major resource)
Heterogeneous: Consisting of elements that are not of the same kind or nature
Imbibe: Receive into the mind and retain
Want more Daily Reads? Explore here: