IBPS clerk reasoning : Essential practice for IBPS clerk reasoning ability section
To cross a high score mark in the IBPS clerk reasoning ability section of the exam, you need to understand the exam pattern and syllabus. The IBPS Clerk exam is different from the IBPS PO exam in terms of difficulty, cut-off and number of seats. The IBPS Clerk exam is further divided into Prelims and Mains. There are 35 questions in the Prelims that are to be solved in 20 minutes. And, there are 50 questions in the Mains that are to be solved in 45 minutes. By observing this, you will learn that in IBPS clerk reasoning ability sections of both the exams- Prelims and Mains, you need high speed to solve more number of questions in less amount of time.
Directions for the question set:
Five colleagues pooled their efforts during the office lunch-hour to solve the crossword in the daily paper.
Colleagues: Mr. Biswas, Mr. Iswar, Ms. Eienstein, Ms. Sheetal, Ms. Titan.
Answers: Burman, Bunny, Badmash, Roseltvolt, Stylish.
Numbers: 4 up, 8 beside, 15 beside, 15 up, 21 up
Order: First, second, third, fourth, fifth.
1. Titan produced the answer to 8 beside, which had the same number of letters as the previous answer to be inserted, and one more than the subsequent answer which was produced by one of the men.
2. It was not Biswas who solved the clue to ‘Burman’, and Ishwar did not solve 4 up.
3. The answers to 15 beside and 15 up did not have the same number of letters.
4. ‘Stylish’, which was not the third word to be inserted was the answer to an across clue.
5. ‘Bunny’, was the first word to be entered in the grid and was an answer to 15 up and ‘Badmash’ was not the second answer to be found and was answer to a down clue.
6. Eienstein’s word was longer than Biswas’ and Sheetal’s ; Sheetal was neither the first nor the last to come up with an answer.
7. Fifth one to be worked out was an answer to a down clue.
Question 1: What was Sheetal’s word?
Question 2: What could be Titan’s. answer?
Question 3: What was Titan’s order?
Question 4: What was Ishwar’s number?
A. 4 up
B. 21 up
C. 8 beside
D. 15 up
E. 15 beside
Question 5: What was Biswas’ word?
Answers and Explanations: Click the down arrow to expand
So, the final table will look like:
Answer 1: (A) From the table, Sheetal’s word was Badmash The correct option is (A).
Answer 2: (B) From the table, Titan’s answer was Stylish. The correct option is (B).
Answer 3: (D) From the table, Titan’s order was Fourth. The correct option is (D).
Answer 4: (B) From the table, Ishwar’s number was 21 up. The correct option is (B).
Answer 5: (A) From the table, Biswas’ word was Bunny. The correct option is (A).
Extra tips for IBPS clerk reasoning:
• It is very important to develop a strategy or an attempt plan that you should abide by in IBPS clerk reasoning ability sections of both the exam (Prelims and Mains).
• Prepare notes for of IBPS clerk reasoning ability section that you can use in both the exams (Prelims and Mains).
• Score well in the IBPS clerk reasoning ability section of both the exams (Prelims and Mains) by working on your speed and being able to complete the entire section with ease.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-3): Set-14
- Logical Reasoning (Level-3): Set-15
- Logical Reasoning (Level-3): Set-16
- Logical Reasoning (Level-3): Set-17
- Logical Reasoning (Level-3): Set-18