Even if two incompatible people are together it is only a matter of time that they will realise that how incongruous they are to each other, eventually breaking apart. It is an adjective and its first usage dates back to 1611.
Meanings of Incongruous
1) Something out of place for a situation or a place
3) Something not conforming to ideologies etc.
4) Inconsistent within itself
Master’s tip to learn Incongruous:
Incongruous can be easily learnt by associating it with a mathematical term that still might be haunting some people .i.e. incongruent triangles/angles, meaning not equal to each other.
Usage Examples for Incongruous
1) He is incongruous to bias of any kind. (Adjective)
2) Incongruity (state of being incongruous) of her behaviour ruined everything. (Noun)
3) Her hysteria was incongruous to the situation. (Adjective)
4) Incongruousness of the situation generated unwanted insolence in people. (Noun)
5) Because prejudice was incongruously created, it faded away easily from the minds. (Adverb)
This website is pretty amazing! I like vocabulary.com for the comprehensive tests they have, but the vocab weekly issues here are very good, with the illustrations I mean. I hope to learn a lot from here!
Cheers and thanks!