Inordinate is an abnormal time spent doing something. Many a times we don’t get happy with what we have, we rather want more and more. It’s like an obsessive love for chocolates, junk food and start saying greed is good. It is an adjective.
Meanings of Inordinate:
1. Not within proper or reasonable limits; immoderate; excessive
2. unrestrained in conduct, feelings, etc.
3. Disorderly; uncontrolled
4. Not regulated; irregular
Master’s Tip to Learn Inordinate:
What you do when you love doing something like listening to music or watching your team play we start giving time, not just time INORDINATE time to it.
Or other way to remember it, how much time do you spend with your girlfriend/boyfriend? I believe in abnormal time or inordinate time.
Sentence examples for Inordinate:
1. He drank an inordinate amount of wine.
2. An inordinate admirer of beauty.
3. They spent an inordinate amount of time talking.
4. Inordinate amount of time rushing round buying things.