You would be an insolent person if you had the guts to address someone with an obscene name in the public and your behaviour would be insolent if you didn’t treat your elders with respect. So, just for the sake of vocabulary think before writing lewd slangs as your status on Facebook. Since, it’s an Adjective, it will describe you well.
The dictionary definitions for insolent are as follows:
1) Boldly rude or disrespectful
2) Showing an aggressive lack of respect in way of speaking or behaviour
3) Arrogant and insulting
4) Uncontrolled by the traditions of society.
Master tip to learn insolent
Insolent can be easily learnt with the help of the word insulin (hormone responsible for regulating carbohydrate and fat metabolism in body), as you speak these words; they would sound a bit similar despite different spellings and meanings.
Further, if you want to remember this word with a picture of a man, remember any Rap singer these days, as their lyrics are usually unrestrained and lewd.
Insolent can be used in following ways:
1) He was insolent enough to call that girl with unrespectable names in public. (Adjective)
2) His friends also avoid him, as his behaviour is usually insolent. (Adjective)
3) He insolently asked his brother to leave home. (Adverb)
One can also learn it by linking it to insult. Insolvent person insults other.