logical reasoning for fci: How to perform well in logical reasoning for FCI exam
Practice the logical reasoning for FCI (Food Corporation of India) exam keeping in mind the latest syllabus and exam pattern. The practice questions of logical reasoning for FCI are also important for other competitive exams such as SSC, CWC and Railway exams. The section titled ‘Reasoning Ability’ tests your general logic and analytic abilities. This exam is conducted in two phases- Prelims and Mains and broadly tests the following areas: ranking, direction, ordering, analogy, syllogism, coded inequalities, blood relations, input output, data sufficiency and puzzle test. Covering these topics will make your preparation of logical reasoning for FCI very strong.
Directions for the question set:
Answer the questions based on the following information.
Mr. M has five sons – A, X, R, N and S, and three daughters-T, K and J. Three sons of Mr. M were born first followed by two daughters. S is the eldest child and J is the youngest. Three of the children are studying at Tricolor School and three are studying at St Steven. T and R study at St Steven school. K, the eldest daughter, plays chess. Mansmriti school offers cricket only, while Tricolor school offers chess. Besides these games, these schools offer no other games. The children who are at Mansmriti school have been born in succession. X and N are cricketers while A plays football. R who was born just before J, plays hockey.
Question 1: A is the __________ child of Mr. M.
Question 2: S is a student of which school?
(b) St. Stevan
(d) Cannot be determined
Question 3: What game does T play?
(d) Cannot be determined
Question 4: Which of the following pairs was not born in succession (ignore the order)?
(a) X and N
(b) K and A
(c) R and J
(d) A and R
Answers and Explanations: Click the down arrow to expand
Answer 1: (c) A is the 6th child. The correct choice is (c).
Answer 2: (a) S is the student of Tricolor. The correct choice is (a).
Answer 3: (d) For the common solution for this set, refer to solution of Question 1. T’s game cannot be decided for sure. The correct choice is (d).
Answer 4: (b) Of the given options, K and A were not born in succession. The correct choice is (b).
Extra tips for logical reasoning for fci:
• Focus on every topic of logical reasoning for FCI exam and practice questions on each.
• While solving arrangement questions, it often happens that there are multiple possibilities in the initial steps. Make sure you account for those and do not miss considering any case.
• Do not make attempts based on guesses in the section of logical reasoning for FCI exam as you may reduce your potential score.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-25
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-26
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-27
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-28
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-29