Directions for Questions 1 to 3: A foreign tourist wishes to apply for a driving license in India. The licensing authority has special procedures for the same. The tourist must fill up the application first, then he must get it approved either from his embassy representative (ER) or the chief licensing officer (CLO). The following need to be kept in mind:
1. The licensing office is open for tourists on Monday and Tuesday, in the afternoon, and Thursday and Friday in the morning for filling up the application.
2. The ER is available only on Monday and Tuesday, in the morning hours.
3. The CLO is available only on Tuesday and Friday, in the afternoon hours.
4. The window for depositing the filled-up and approved application is open only on Monday and Tuesday during the morning hours, and on Wednesday and Friday during the afternoon hours.
5. Assume that there is no delay to get a particular task done on a particular day.
Question 1: A foreign tourist has filled up his application already. If he wishes to get his application approved from the ER, on which days can he complete the whole process in a single day itself?
(d) Both (a) and (b)
Question 2: If the foreign tourist starts the process on Monday morning by filling up the application, when will his application be complete at the earliest if the ER is not available in this particular week?
Question 3: If the foreign tourist has to complete the process in one day itself, then which one of the following is incorrect:
I. He gets the approval of the ER.
II. He gets the approval of the CLO
III. He gets the job done on Friday.
(d) All of the above
Answers and Explanations: Click the down arrow to expand
Answer 1: (d)
In this case, since the application is done and it is to be passed by the ER, the tourist can go either on Monday or on Tuesday, get his approval and then deposit the form to get the final approval. His task will be completed within the same day.
Answer 2 : (c)
On Monday, he fills up the form.
On Tuesday, he gets the approval of the CLO.
On Wednesday afternoon, he deposits the application.
Answer 3 : (a)
If a tourist has to complete the task in a single day, the only option that he has is that he needs to complete it on Friday and get it approved by the CLO. There is no other way in which he can complete the task in a single day. Thus, statement (I) is incorrect.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-36
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-37
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-38
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-39
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-40