Directions (1 to 3): A commercial flower grower raises flowers in each of the three growing seasons every year-spring, summer and winter-with the year beginning in spring. Exactly seven different kinds of flowers- A,B,C,D,E,F and G-are grown every year. Each kind of flower is grown at least once a year. The flowers are grown according to the following rules:
- B can be grown in a growing season only if A is grown in the preceding season.
- No more than three different kinds of flowers are grown in any one growing season.
- No kind of flower can be grown in two seasons in a row.
- A can be grown neither in the winter season nor in the same growing season as E or F.
- C and D are always grown in the same growing season.
Question 1: If G is grown in the spring and E in the summer of one year, then which of the following can also be grown in the summer?
Question 2: Which of the following is an acceptable schedule for the three growing seasons?
Spring Summer Winter
(a) A C, D, B A, F, G
(b) C, F A, D, G B, E
(c) E, F A G, C, D, B
(d) A, C, D B, E, F G
Question 3: If G and B alone are grown in the winter season, then which of the following must be grown in the preceding spring?
Answers and Explanations: Click the down arrow to expand
For questions 1 to 3:
- B will follow A in the next season.
- Maximum three types of flowers can be grown in a season
- A cannot be grown in winter season as well as with E or F.
- C and D are always together.
Answer 1: (a)
Following table shows the possible combination:
|G, A||E, B||C, D|
From above it is clear that F could be grown in summer
Answer 2: (d)
From (b), A cannot be grown in winter.Hence option (a) iseliminated.
From (c), C and D come together Hence option (b) is alsoeliminated.
From (a) More than three flowers are not possible in a season.
Hence, option (c) is also eliminated.
Therefore, option (d) is the correct answer.
Answer 3: (d)
|E, F||A, C, D||G, B|
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-2
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-3
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-4
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-5
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-6