Direction for the questions:
Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
In a sports event, different games are scheduled to be held on seven days, starting on Monday and ending on Sunday. Two games are scheduled to be held on Saturday as well as on Sunday and one game on each of the remaining five days. The games to be held in these seven days are: Basketball, football, boxing, sprinting, swimming, shooting, weightlifting, wrestling and cycling, but not necessarily in the same order.
Shooing is scheduled to be held on Thursday. Boxing and cycling are scheduled to be held on the same day. Wrestling is scheduled to be held three days before basketball, i.e. two sports are scheduled between wrestling and basketball; wrestling is not scheduled to be held on Wednesday. Weightlifting is scheduled immediately after the day boxing is scheduled. Football is scheduled immediately after the day wrestling is scheduled. Swimming is not scheduled on Monday.
Question 1: Which of the following games is scheduled to be held on Friday?
Question 2: Which of the following games is scheduled to be held on Sunday?
Question 3: On which of the following days is sprinting scheduled?
(e) Cannot be determined
Question 4: On which of the following days is weightlifting scheduled?
Question 5 : Shooting is related to Basketball in the same way as Wrestling is related to-
Answers and Explanations
The following table is made based on the information provided:
1. Swimming is not scheduled on Monday
2. Shooting is scheduled on Thursday
3. Since Weight Lifting is scheduled immediately after boxing so Weight lifting cannot be on Friday
4. Since Shooting is scheduled on Thursday therefore Wrestling cannot be on Monday, because we are given by the statement that between Wrestling and Basketball there must be two games so if Wrestling is scheduled on Monday it will not possible for Basketball to schedule after three days
5. Boxing and Cycling are on the same day so both will be on the same day so they will be on either Sunday or Saturday, since Weightlifting is scheduled after Boxing Therefore Boxing and Cycling would be on Saturday and Weight Lifting would scheduled on Sunday
6. Wrestling cannot be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday so Wresting is scheduled on Tuesday and Basketball would be scheduled on Friday
Answer 1: (a) Basketball is scheduled on Friday
Answer 2: (e) Weightlifting and Swimming is scheduled on Sunday
Answer 3: (d) Sprinting is scheduled on Monday
Answer 4: (e) Weight Lifting is scheduled on Sunday
Answer 5: (b) Basketball is scheduled immediately after Shooting. Similarly, Football is scheduled immediately after Wrestling.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-19
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-20
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-21
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-22
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-23