Direction for the questions: (1- 5:) Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions:
Row 1: Abhay, Bhanu, Chandu, Dheeraj, Ekansh and Faisal are seated and all of them are facing south.
Row 2: Poorvi, Quamber, Rashi, Shruti, Tina and Uma are seated and all of them are facing north.
The above arrangement shows twelve people who are sitting in two parallel rows containing six people each in such a way that there is an equal distance among adjacent persons.
In the given seating arrangement each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row.
• Uma sits third to the right of Shruti. Shruti faces Faisal and Faisal does not sit at any of the extreme ends.
• Dheeraj sits third to the right of Chandu.
• Rashi faces Chandu.
• The one facing Ekansh sits third to the right of Poorvi.
• Bhanu and Poorvidoes not sit at the extreme ends of the line.
• Tina is not an immediate neighbour of Uma
• Abhay is not an immediate neighbour of Chandu.
Question 1 : Who among the following faces Dheeraj?
Question 2 : Who among the following represents the people sitting at the extreme ends of the row?
(a) Rashi, Faisal
(b) Tina, Abhay
(c) Dheeraj, Rashi
(d) Chandu, Poorvi
Question 3 : How many persons are sitting between Rashi and Tina?
Question 4 : Who among the following faces Quamber?
Question 5 : Which of the following is true regarding Bhanu?
(a) Bhanu sits to the immediate left of Chandu.
(b) Bhanu faces Quamber.
(c) Bhanu sits fourth from the extreme left end of the line.
(d) Dheeraj and Faisal are immediate neighbours of Bhanu.
Answers and Explanations
Explanation for Questions 1 to 5: following arrangement can be made according to the information provided in the question:( Note that every person’s name has been replaced by the first letter of their names for easy mapping).
Answer 1 : (a)
Tina is facing Dheeraj is evident from above mapping.
Answer 2 : (b)
Tina and Abhay are sitting at the extreme ends of the line.
Answer 3 : (b)
Two persons are seated between Rashi and Tina, that is Poorvi and Shruti.
Answer 4 : (c)
Ekansh faces Quamber.
Answer 5 : (d)
Dheeraj and Faisal are immediate neighbours of Bhanu is the only correct statement.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-27
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-28
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-29
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-30
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-31