Logical Reasoning practice: Logical Reasoning practice to strengthen your base and boost your score
Logical Reasoning practice is the most crucial stage of exam preparation. Just going through formulae, solved examples and theory filled with concepts will not ensure you a great score. As despite knowing the concept, you may fumble in the implementation. Therefore, it is very essential to apply what you have studied. Logical Reasoning practice should largely involve question attempt on your behalf and going through solutions of only those problems which you were not able to solve or have doubts regarding better alternative solution. Doing plenty of Logical Reasoning practice can help boost your performance.
Directions for questions 1 to 4:
A builder decided to make some flats on different streets (s1, s2, s3), each street will contain three houses. The possible colors for the houses are Magenta, Maize, Silver, Pink, Red. Each house will be of one color. There will be some conditions for the houses:
1. Each street will contain houses of at least two different colors.
2. The street containing any Maize house will also contain at least one Magenta house, and vice-versa.
3. Pink and Red houses cannot be in the same street
4. The street containing any Silver house will also contain at least one Red house, but the street containing Red house need not contain a Silver House.
Question 1: Which of the following combination is possible for a street?
(a) Pink house, Silver house, and Maize house
(b) Maize house, Silver house, Magenta house
(c) Two Silver houses, and one Red house
(d) Three Pink houses
Question 2: Which of the following combination is not possible for a street?
(a) Pink house and Magenta house
(b) Magenta and Silver house
(c) Maize and Pink house
(d) Maize and Magenta house
Question 3: Which of the following houses could be made with a Silver house to make a combination acceptable for a street?
(a) One Pink house and one Maize house
(b) One Maize house and One Magenta house
(c) Two red houses
(d) Two Magenta houses
Question 4: Which of the following houses must be constructed with a Magenta house and a Pink house to make a combination acceptable for a street?
(a) Magenta house
(b) Maize House
(c) Silver House
(d) Pink House
Answers and Explanations: Click the down arrow to expand
Answer 1: (c) Options (a) and (b) are out as because there must be one Red House with Silver House. Option (d) is out because three pink houses cannot be constructed in a street. So, the right option for the question is option c. The correct option is (c).
Answer 2: (b) Option (b) is the answer because there must have one Red House with Silver House and there must be one Maize house with Magenta house but four houses cannot be constructed in a street. So, the right option for the question is option b. The correct option is (b).
Answer 3: (c) Option c is the right answer, because according to the given conditions there must be at least one Red house with a Silver house. Only option (c) satisfies that condition. The correct option is (c).
Answer 4: (b) Option b is the right answer because there must be at least one Maize house with a Magenta House The correct option is (b).
Extra tips for Logical Reasoning practice:
• Be true to yourself during the Logical Reasoning practice for your exam preparation and cover all the topics.
• Develop a strategy and use it in the Logical Reasoning practice in order to refine the strategy for your final exam.
• Stick to the timeframe during your Logical Reasoning practice session.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-40
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-1
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-2
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-3
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-4