logical reasoning seating arrangement: logical reasoning seating arrangement questions that will build your concepts
Logical reasoning seating arrangement questions are very commonly asked in almost all the entrance examinations. It tests your placement and direction sense. In order to excel solving logical reasoning seating arrangement type of questions, you need to understand just two major things:
1) Direction is taken with respect to the object/person in discussion.
2) When counting positions in between, do not include the end entities.
Another variation that can be asked in a logical reasoning seating arrangement question is testing it with permutations and combinations. Therefore, practise such type of questions.
Directions for the question set:
Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow:
A, B, C, D, E and F live on different floors in the same building having six floors numbered one to six (the ground floor is numbered 1, the floor above it, number 2 and so on and the topmost floor is numbered 6).
A, lives on an even numbered floor. There are two floors between the floors on which D and F live. F lives on a floor above D’s floor. D does not live on floor number 2. B does not live on an odd numbered floor. C does not live on any of the floors below F’s floor. E does not live on a floor immediately above or immediately below the floor on which B lives.
Question 1: Who amongst the following live on the floors exactly between D and F?
(a) E, B
(b) C, B
(c) E, C
(d) A, E
(e) B, A
Question 2: On which of the following floors does B live?
(e) Cannot be determined
Question 3: Who lives on an even numbered floor?
(e) A and F
Answers and Explanations: Click the down arrow to expand
C does not live on any of the floors below F’s floor. So, C can be on 5th or 6th floor.
A, lives on an even numbered floor. B does not live on an odd numbered floor Both of them live in even number floor either on 2nd or 6th floor.
E, does not live on a floor immediately above or immediately below the floor on which B lives. So, B will be on floor number 6th, E will be on 3rd and A will be on 2nd. The following figure can be formed:
Answer 1: (d) From the table we can see that E and A are the people. Correct option is (d)
Answer 2: (a) B lives on 6th floor. Correct option is (a).
Answer 3: (e) As we can see from the table that A and F live on even numbered floors. Correct option is (e).
Extra tips for logical reasoning seating arrangement:
• Practice to solve logical reasoning seating arrangement type of questions with speed.
• While solving logical reasoning seating arrangement questions, it often happens that there are multiple possibilities in the initial steps. Make sure you account for those and do not miss considering any case.
• Logical reasoning seating arrangement questions can be clubbed with various topics such as Permutations & Combinations. Therefore, practice such variety of sets.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-11
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-12
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-13
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-14
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-15