Logical Reasoning tips: Performance boosting Logical Reasoning tips to keep in mind before taking an exam
In order to improve your performance in the logic section of an exam, here are some Logical Reasoning tips:
• Hunt down questions first that you are sure of and complete them quickly.
• Read the question well and try to avoid reading errors.
• Double check calculations simultaneously to avoid late realizations. This saves time.
• Identify your strength areas and solve those questions first.
• Use options elimination method wherever applicable to save time.
• Do not do wild guesses if there is negative marking. Even one “-1” can bring down your percentile.
Keeping in mind the above Logical Reasoning tips, you can start implementing and testing them in the mock tests and improvise to develop the best strategy for yourself for your final exam.
Directions for the question set:
Bharat, Mahesh, Tarun, Rakhi, Kailash, Hans, Dev are seven people from different professions and they are travelling to Pune from either through a plane or a train or a bus. Each of them has a different profession, that of dancer, cook, artist, fashion designer, sweeper, peon and poet.
• Two of seven are using the plane, three are using the train and the rest are using the bus.
• Bharat, the cook, is not on the Bus.
• The artist is the only other person who travels the same way as Bharat.
• Mahesh and Hans are not on the Train and they are the poet and the sweeper respectively.
• Tarun is a Fashion Designer.
• Dev is neither the peon nor the artist.
• Kailash travels the same way as the dancer.
Question 1: Dev’s profession is
(d) Fashion Designer
Question 2: The people who travel by train are:
(a) Dev, Kailash, Rakhi
(b) Dev, Hans, Tarun
(c) Hans, Kailash, Tarun
(d) Dev, Kailash, Tarun
Question 3: Which of the following is correct?
(a) Rakhi – plane – Peon
(b) Rakhi –plane – Artist
(c) Dev – Bus – Dancer
(d) Kailash – Bus – Sweeper
Question 4: Which of the following pairs travel using the plane?
(a) Bharat, Dev
(b) Bharat, Kailash
(c) Bharat, Tarun
Question 5: Who is the artist?
(d) Data inadequate
Answers and Explanations: Click the down arrow to expand
Common Solution for the set: Based on the above information provided, we can draw the following table.
Now it is given that two of seven are using the plane, three are using the train and the rest are using the bus. The artist is the only other person who travels the same way as Bharat. Bharat, the cook, is not on the Bus. This means that Bharat Travel by Plane he cannot go by train because three people are travelling by Train. And Mahesh and Hans are not on the Train Both of them cannot travel by Plane also already Bharat and artist travelling by plane so they travel by Bus
Kailash travels the same way as the dancer. Now train left so dancer travel by train means Kailash travel by Train and he is not an artist his profession is peon & Rakhi is an artist travelled by plane And Tarun by Train
Answer 1: (a) The answer can be found from the tables above.
Answer 2 : (d) Using the tables above, we can find the answer.
Answer 3 : (b) Using the table above: Rakhi – Aero plane – Artis
Answer 4 : (d) None of the pairs are correct.
Answer 5 : (c) The answer can be found from the tables above.
Extra tips for Logical Reasoning tips:
• Ensure that you start diagram construction as and when you understand the positions of objects/people with respect to each other.
• Make sure you account for the multiple cases/possibilities in your diagram. It is advisable to draw parallel diagrams and immediately rule out the case that fails.
• Go through Logical Reasoning tips from various topics understand to make your base strong and boost your performance.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-37
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-38
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-39
- Logical Reasoning (Level-1): Set-40
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-1