Mnemonic aid to learn longevity: Longevity can be learnt easily by breaking it into two parts long + evity and it can be written in this way to mean that something has a long life .e.g. long + evity of carpet.
Pronunciation: lon-jev-i-tee, lawn-
Meaning of longevity: (Noun)
1. Great duration/length/period of an individual life or life of some things
2. Long period of service in an occupation
Usage of longevity:
1. Longevity of her beauty had always surprised people around her.
2. Longevity of the carpet was ensured with the usage of good quality threads.
3. His longevity in the office of clerk has won the hearts of many.