Definition & Meaning: Micro Root Word
The Root Word Micro comes from Greek mikros ‘small’.
‘Microbe’ is derived from the root ‘micro ‘ which means very small, short, minute. Microbe means a very small creature that brings diseases and cannot be seen with the eyes. So, whenever you come across a word which is made up of the Micro Root Word, you should be able to understand that its meaning would definitely be related to being small.
In the dream, Mark was heading to a microcity in his microcar.
Words Based on the Micro Root Word
Other words derived from the same root are:
1. Microcosm: A miniature model of something
2. Microscope: Magnifier of the image of small objects
3. Microsurgery: Surgery using operating microscopes and miniaturized precision instruments
4. Micromanage: Manage with excessively detailed control of every small part of a project
5. Microorganism: A very small organism
6. Microcivillisation: A very small civilisation
7. Microcity: A very small city
8. Microcar: A very small car
9. Microchapter: An unusually short chapter
10. Microbiology: The study of very small organisms
11. Microclimate: A hyperlocal region that has a particular weather that differs from the local climate
12. Microcelebrity: Someone who is famous in a particular niche
13. Microcopy: A smaller photocopy of something
14. Microearthquake: A very small earthquake
15. Microdonation: A very small donation
16. Micropayment: A payment of a very small amount
17. Microdose: A very small dose
18. Microfear: Almost fearlessness
19. Microdecision: A decision about small matters
20. Microhome: A very small building that is meant to be someone’s home
Hope you are able to learn some words related to Micro Root Word from this article. Remember, it is all about increasing your vocabulary and word roots is a wonderful method of learning multiple words at the same time.