It is the ordinary things in life that give us pleasure, but perhaps mundane is not the right word to be used for that. Mundane is also ordinary, but has more of a boring ring to it. It is an adjective. Its first usage dates back to 15th century.
Pronunciation: muhn-deyn, muhn-deyn
Meanings of Mundane
1) Something ordinary and unimaginative
2) Something that has characteristic of the world .i.e. practical/having worldly/earthly characteristics
Master’s tip to learn Mundane:
Mundane can be learnt easily by associating the word with an ordinary day in your life, which can be the easiest association. Further, getting up to go to office everyday is mundane too.
Sentence Examples for Mundane
1) Every Monday is perceived to be a mundane day. (Adjective)
2) Mundaneness of this masquerade made it a damp squib. (Noun)
3) He mundanely enhanced the web page of his company. (Adverb)