Meanings of Nettle:
1. a wild plant with leaves that have pointed edges, are covered in fine hair and sting if you touch them.
2. to make someone slightly angry
3. to irritate, annoy, or provoke.
Master’s Tip to Learn Nettle
NETTLE rhymes with KETTLE. Just like a kettle becomes hot in anger due to boiling water, so is the meaning of the word.
It is as simple as that..!!!
Sentence examples for Nettle:
1. She was nettled when I reached late for the meeting.
2. If you get stung by a nettle, rub the area with a dock leaf to ease the pain.