Word Origin for Novice :
The word Novice came into English through word, novicius “, which means “newly imported, inexperienced “.
Novice can be remembered with NO WISE. Person who is new to work is not expert from Day 1 as it takes time learn skills.
Meanings of Novice :
1. A person who is new to the circumstances, work, etc
2. Someone who has entered a religious order but has not taken final
Words related to Novice: Amatuer,greenhorn,Beginner
Quote Examples for Novice
1. Man arrives as a novice at each age of his life-Chamfort
2. Don’t ‘over-control’ like a novice pilot. Stay loose enough from the flow that you can observe it, modify, and improve it.”.- Donald Rumsfeld
3. “Most novices picture themselves as masters – and are content with the picture. This is why there are so few masters.”- Jean Toomer