It’s a psychological term, used for people whose thoughts are pre-occupied somewhere, because of their intense fascination towards something. It is said that everything has a limit to it, and if exceeded the limit it becomes a kind of obsession. Everyone has one or the other fascination or one spends time during doing that activity, it’s just the magnitude that differs. Sometimes obsessions can be extremely devastating to mental or physical health, it should be cured by time.
Meaning of Obsess:
1. To preoccupy the mind of excessively.
2. To think about something unceasingly or persistently; dwell obsessively upon something.
haunt like a ghost; pursue
3. Something or someone that you think about all the time:
Master Tip to Learn Obsess:
Every person on this earth is having one or the other obsession, we only come to realize about it when this obsession starts affecting our life, and we starts feeling that our obsession is killing our work life. So discover the obsessions in you, and check the magnanimity of that.
Sentence Examples for Obsess:
1. Almost all of us can find something to obsess about at a restaurant.
2. We stew and obsess and make tiny things into giant ones.
3. They obsess over an occupation that should have been ended decades ago.
4. Obsession with secrecy has had dramatic effects on the outcome of wars, monarchies and individual lives.