A simple equation to learn the word:
Ominous: Bad omens!
We all know what omens are, right?
Omens are ‘a sign of something about to happen’ and these are little things that we take out from our everyday life.
Meaning of Ominous:
1. Portending evil or harm; foreboding; threatening; inauspicious.
2. Having the significance of an omen.
Sentence Examples for Ominous:
1. Manchester United seems to be ominous form and this does not bode well for their competitors.
2. We generally regard a cat crossing our way as an ominous sign of things to come.
3. The weather seems to have taken a turn today we seem to be surrounded by a blanket of ominous dark clouds.