- These tests are a check for your learning and your level with respect to the basic vocabulary skills.
- Directions for individual questionsEach question has a meaning provided. Identify the word/phrase that relates most closely to given meaning.
One Word Substitution: Test-1
Congratulations - you have completed One Word Substitution: Test-1.You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Words written on a tomb
Question 1 Explanation:
Epitaph is a commemorative inscription on a tomb or mortuary monument about the person buried at that site.
Something no longer in use
Question 2 Explanation:
Obsolete is something no longer in general use; fallen into disuse.
One not concerned with right or wrong
Question 3 Explanation:
Amoral means having no moral standards, restraints, or principles; unaware of or indifferent to questions of right or wrong.
A person who opposes war or use of military force
Question 4 Explanation:
Pacifist is a person who believes in peace. Use pacific ocean as a mnemonic to remember this word .
One who has become dependent on something or drugs is
Question 5 Explanation:
Addict is a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance.
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 5 questions to complete.
Want to explore more One Word Substitution Tests?
- One Word Substitution: Test-2
- One Word Substitution: Test-3
- One Word Substitution: Test-4
- One Word Substitution: Test-5
- One Word Substitution: Test-6