- These tests are a check for your learning and your level with respect to the basic vocabulary skills.
- Directions for individual questionsEach question has a meaning provided. Identify the word/phrase that relates most closely to given meaning.
One Word Substitution: Test-10
Congratulations - you have completed One Word Substitution: Test-10. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Something that is poisonous or unhealthy
Question 1 Explanation:
Toxic is the effect of a poison; means to be poisonous.
One who intervenes between two or more parties to settle differences
Question 2 Explanation:
Intermediary is an agent, an arbiter or mediator.
The habit of always admiring oneself
Question 3 Explanation:
Narcissism refers to a person who has excessive interest in himself. Vanity and conceit are some other words that are synonymous with narcissism.
To take back, withdraw or renounce
Question 4 Explanation:
Recant is to withdraw or disavow (a statement, opinion, etc.), especially formally; retract
A pen for small animals
Question 5 Explanation:
Hutch is a box with a wire mesh front, used for keeping small animals like rabbits.
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 5 questions to complete.
Want to explore more One Word Substitution Tests?
- One Word Substitution: Test-1
- One Word Substitution: Test-2
- One Word Substitution: Test-3
- One Word Substitution: Test-4
- One Word Substitution: Test-5