- These tests are a check for your learning and your level with respect to the basic vocabulary skills.
- Directions for individual questionsEach question has a meaning provided. Identify the word/phrase that relates most closely to given meaning.
One Word Substitution: Test-5
Congratulations - you have completed One Word Substitution: Test-5.You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
A person who breaks into a house in order to steal−
Question 1 Explanation:
Burglar is someone who commits felony of breaking into and entering the house of another at night with intent to steal.
Tough tissues in joints−
Question 2 Explanation:
Ligaments are the band of tissue, usually white and fibrous, serving to connect bones, hold organs in place, etc.
The first model of a new device−
Question 3 Explanation:
Prototype is the original or model on which something is based or formed. Someone or something that serves to illustrate the typical qualities of a class; model; exemplar.
A building where an audience sits−
Question 4 Explanation:
Auditorium is the space set apart for the audience in a theater, school, or other public building.
That which lasts for a short time.
Question 5 Explanation:
Transitory is something that doesn’t last for long, something in transit. Ephemeral, brevity, fugitive are some other words which are synonymous with transitory.
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 5 questions to complete.
Want to explore more One Word Substitution Tests?
- One Word Substitution: Test-6
- One Word Substitution: Test-7
- One Word Substitution: Test-8
- One Word Substitution: Test-9
- One Word Substitution: Test-10