- These tests are a check for your learning and your level with respect to the basic vocabulary skills.
- Directions for individual questionsEach question has a meaning provided. Identify the word/phrase that relates most closely to given meaning.
One Word Substitution: Test-6
Congratulations - you have completed One Word Substitution: Test-6. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
A four footed animal.
Question 1 Explanation:
Quadruped means to be four footed. The word Quad indicates four, just like in Quadratic equations.
A person who believes in the total abolition of war.
Question 2 Explanation:
Pacifist is a person who believes in peace. It comes from the word pacify which means to reduce pain. You can use Pacific Ocean as a mnemonic to remember this word.
Constant efforts to achieve something.
Question 3 Explanation:
Perseverance means to be relentless or tenacious i.e. adamantly tirelessly trying with resilience.
A body of persons appointed to hear evidence and give their verdict in trials.
Question 4 Explanation:
Jury is a group of persons sworn to render a verdict or true answer on a question or questions officially submitted to them.
Concluding part of a literary work
Question 5 Explanation:
Epilogue is the concluding part added to a literary work, as a novel.
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 5 questions to complete.
Want to explore more One Word Substitution Tests?
- One Word Substitution: Test-7
- One Word Substitution: Test-8
- One Word Substitution: Test-9
- One Word Substitution: Test-10
- One Word Substitution: Test-1