- These tests are a check for your learning and your level with respect to the basic vocabulary skills.
- Directions for individual questionsEach question has a meaning provided. Identify the word/phrase that relates most closely to given meaning.
One Word Substitution: Test-8
Congratulations - you have completed One Word Substitution: Test-8. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
An area of land that is controlled by a ruler.
Question 1 Explanation:
Colony is any group of people or territory separated from but subject to a ruling power.
Dissection of a dead body to find the cause of death.
Question 2 Explanation:
Autopsy is the inspection and dissection of a body after death, as for determination of the cause of death; postmortem examination.
A person without training or experience in a skill or subject.
Question 3 Explanation:
Novice is a person who is new to the circumstances, work, etc., in which he or she is placed; beginner.
The act of killing a whole group of people, especially a whole race.
Question 4 Explanation:
Genocide is the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. For example the killing of Jews by the Nazis.
A government in which all religions are honored
Question 5 Explanation:
Secular means not belonging to a religious order; not bound by monastic vows.
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 5 questions to complete.
Want to explore more One Word Substitution Tests?
- One Word Substitution: Test-9
- One Word Substitution: Test-10
- One Word Substitution: Test-1
- One Word Substitution: Test-2
- One Word Substitution: Test-3