We all have had teachers known for outbursts at our tiniest of mistakes and chucked us out of the class. In case you want to know a fancy word to describe such outbursts, then you can use paroxysms (outbursts) of anger. Its first usage dates back to 1570-80 and it is a noun.
Meanings of Paroxysm:
1) An unexpected outburst of emotions/action
2) An unexpected attack of a disease or a fit
Master’s tip to learn Paroxysm:
Paroxysm can be learnt with the help of the word exorcism, as these words rhyme to some extent. Further, to relate the words more you can picture someone in a paroxysm of anger, which actually means that person is possessed by anger and needs to be exorcised to get rid f it.
Sentences examples for Paroxysm:
1) He is known for paroxysms of anger on the smallest of mistakes. (Noun)
2) His paroxysms kept him laughing. (Adverb)
3) His is known for his hyper-paroxysm when it comes to getting angry. (Noun)
Thank you so much 🙂
now i will never forget the meaning of paroxysm 😉