Meaning of Phenomenon
1. Something that is impressive or extraordinary
2. A fact, occurrence or a circumstance observed
3. A remarkable or exceptional person.
Master’s tip to learn the word
Best way to remember this word: have a look at all the phenomena that keep happening around us all the time. At best, nature keeps us occupied with so many of them, each of them being a treat in itself. If we develop a certain outlook, then from snowfall to rain, each is a phenomena in itself.
Sentence Examples for Phenomenon
1. A red tide is a natural phenomenon that causes fish to die.
2. The formation of lightning is a phenomenon still not completely understood.
3. An example of remarkable phenomena is the classical music great Beethoven.