People can carry a lot of Pre-conceived notions, which are ideas that are formed without having accurate knowledge. Just like the idea in this advert: that woman cannot park. Well, this idea was quashed for sure.
The guys certainly carried a bewildered look after the incident.
Dictionary Definitions for Prejudice:
1. An unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. (noun)
2. Any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable. (noun)
3. Unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group. (noun)
Usage Examples for Prejudice:
A few quotes based on the word Prejudice to help you with its usage:
- Prejudice is the child of ignorance. –William Hazlitt
- Education is a method whereby one acquires a higher grade of prejudices.
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.- Mark Twain
- I have no race prejudice. I think I have no color prejudices or caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. Indeed, I know it. I can stand any society. All that I care to know is that a man is a human being — that is enough for me; he can’t be any worse.-Mark Twain