Reasoning for ibps po mains: Reasoning for IBPS PO Mains Quiz questions
Reasoning for ibps po mains exam mainly tests your hold on the logical and practical concepts such as direction, arrangement, ordering, ranking, scheduling, patterns, sequence and series, coding-decoding and other logical concepts. Therefore, in order to excel in reasoning for ibps po mains exam, you need to get well versed in these topics and acquire a good speed at problem solving. Work on improving your accuracy along with speed as there are sectional cut-offs in the exam and even in reasoning for ibps po mains exam.
Directions for the question set:
The Doctors of Kokilaben Hospital launched a free camp for four days on –Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday. Four tests are being conducted: Skin checkups, Cardiograph, Thyroid Treatment, Urine test.
The hospital remains open from 10 am to 5 pm on these four days
Dilip has joined this camp and his preferences are as follows:
1. He prefers to take the appointment for a urine checkup either from 10 am to 11 am or from 4 pm to 5 pm.
2. He will take an appointment for Thyroid checkup either on Saturday and Thursday from 10.30 am to 12 noon or on Friday and Sunday from 11 am to 12.30 pm.
3. He can take the appointment for Cardiograph checkup either on Saturday and Sunday from 1 pm to 3 pm or on Friday and Thursday from 12 noon to 2 pm
4. For a Skin checkup, he can have the tests in two ways: two one hour checkups on two different days or one three hour test on a single day.
5. He has fixed the same time for urine tests on all four days.
Question 1: If Dilip decides to take appointment for one three hour test on Skin checkup on a single day, then on which day he cannot do so?
(d) He can do so on all four days
Question 2: Dilip takes a three hour appointment for Skin checkup on Sunday. Which of the following statements can be true regarding Dilip’s timetable?
(a) Appointment for Cardiograph checkup on Sunday from 1 pm to 3 pm
(b) Appointment for Thyroid checkup on Saturday from 11 am to 12.30 pm
(c) There is a gap of one hour between Cardiograph and the Urine test on Sunday, if he chooses to them on Sunday.
(d) All of the above.
Question 3. The Hospital has divided the following time slots:
• First half from 10 am to 1 pm
• Second half from 1 pm to 5 pm
If the checkup starts before 1 pm, it is said to be in the first half and if it starts after 1 pm, it is said to be in the second half.
Which of the following can fit in Dilip’s Timetable?
(a) Skin checkup in the first half and Thyroid checkup in the second half
(b) Skin checkup in the second half and Thyroid checkup in the first half
(c) Appointments for both Cardiograph checkup and Urine checkup in the first half
(d) Either b or c
Answers and Explanations: Click the down arrow to expand
The sole efficient way of solving these type of sets which are prominent in XAT is to plot the given information in various tables. For this set we need to make few tables according to the given data. Placing the time along the rows and days of week of diagnosing along the columns we get following four cases as a result from the given information
These are the four possible cases where three of his appointments can be scheduled.
Answer 1: (d) Dilip can take a 3 hour Thyroid checkup on any of the four days as a three hour time slot is available on each of these days. Remember to keep all the four cases in mind while solving this question. The correct option is (d).
Answer 2: (d) Considering the given information in the question, we can see that only cases 3 and 4 are applicable here. Option (a): From case 4, Dilip can take a Cardiograph checkup from 1 pm to 3 pm Option (b): From case 3 and 4, we can see that the Thyroid check-up is not impacted by the tests on Sunday. Hence, the statement is correct. Option (c): We can derive this from case 3. Thus, all the statements are possible. The correct option is (d).
Answer 3: (b) Thyroid checkup is always in the first half (ruling out options a). Cardiograph checkup takes place in the second half only (ruling out option c). In all 4 cases, appointment for the Skin checkup can be taken in the second half, and the Thyroid checkup takes place in the second half. The correct option is (b).
Extra tips for reasoning for ibps po mains:
• Build the right strategy to attempt reasoning for ibps po mains exam and test it in the mock exams.
• While solving problems, it often happens that there are multiple cases in the initial steps. Make sure you account for those and do not miss considering any of them.
• Like all other sections there is sectional cut-off in the reasoning for ibps po mains exam, so maintain the required speed and accuracy throughout the exam.
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-34
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-35
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-36
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-37
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-38