Some memories are hard to forget. They form as much a part of one’s present as they were of one’s past. One often falls into the habit of recalling these memories.
This is particularly touching advert wherein the son is lost in the reminiscence of the memories and voice of his mother.
Masters Tip for Reminiscence:
A simple mnemonic to help you out:
Reminiscence: Remember that perfect Essence.
Dictionary Definitions for Reminiscence:
1. The act or process of recollecting past experiences or events. (noun)
2. An experience or event recollected. (noun)
3. A narration of past experiences. Often used in the plural. (noun)
4. An event that brings to mind a similar, former event. (noun)
Usage Examples for Reminiscence:
1. Reminiscences of the past can both please and haunt depending upon the experiences one has had.
2. Her mind seemed wholly taken up with reminiscences of past gaiety. – Charlotte Brontë