Meanings of Repent
1. To feel such regret for past conduct as to change one’s mind regarding it.
2. To feel regret or self-reproach for.
3. To cause to feel remorse or regret.
Master’s Tip to Learn Repent
Repent can be related to the word ‘serpent’ as when someone kills a serpent they may do it under impulse but later regret their actions as they realize that they killed a living thing.
Sentence examples for Repent:
1. The preacher told us that we would be forgiven for our sins if we repented.
2. To err is human, to repent divine, to persist devilish.