Reprimand is official rebuke by the police. During the terrorist attack on the Taj hotel in Mumbai, police came into action to reprimand the guilty.
Dictionary definitions for drudgery are as follows:
1. To reprove severely, especially in a formal or official way.
2. A severe, formal, or official rebuke or censure.
3. Severe reproof for a fault; reprehension, private or public.
4. an act or expression of criticism and censure
5. censure severely or angrily
MASTER TIP TO LEARN REPRIMAND:
You must have seen the movie ” oye lucky lucky oye ! ” in which abhay deol ( lucky ) was a clever thief but he in the end was reprimand by the police.
It can be effectively broken down into rep+remand, the remand police takes you in when you break the law.
USAGE EXAMPLES OF REPRIMAND:
1. Lately my supervisor has been using emails to ‘reprimand’ me.
2. Peter King – did so not to argue his innocence but to say that a reprimand was the right punishment.
3. He received a severe reprimand for his irresponsibility.
4. If you keep commanding, bossing on your peers you will be reprimanded someday by them.