The advert gives a perfect illustration of moving back in time, in others word, life in retrospect.
Origin of the word Retrospect:
The word retrospect comes from the Latin root ‘retro-,retr-’ meaning ‘back or backwards’ and ‘spect-’ meaning ‘to see’. This gives us the meaning of the word retrospect: to see backwards, that is to glance back into time.
A couple of other words that we can learn from the root ‘retro-‘ are:
- Retrocede: To cede or grant back; as, to retrocede a territory to a former proprietor
- Retrogress: Get worse or fall back to a previous condition
- Retrograde: Move backward in an orbit, of celestial bodies/Move back
Masters Tip for Retrospect:
Learn it from the word Retro. Retro is to go back and retrospect is to go back into time.
Dictionary Definitions for Retrospect:
1. A review, survey, or contemplation of things in the past. (verb)
2. To contemplate the past. (verb)
3. To refer back. (verb)
Usage Examples for Retrospect:
1. One always retrospect’s one youth as an age of promise.
2. It was, in retrospect, the happiest day of Susan’s life.