How often do you abuse? How often do you say something really bad and offensive about others? If you do that often, one it is not such a great thing to do and second, you revile against people. Revile is a word that breaks down into a simple contruction: RE (meaning again) and VILE ( meaning highly offensive or disgusting).
Meaning of Reviled:
1. To assail with contemptuous or opprobrious language
2. Address or speak of abusively.
3. Abusive treatment or language; an insult; a reproach.
Master’s tip for Reviled:
Need to learn this word? We have the simplest possible learning aid for you:
Someone who reviles is nothing else but the incarnation of evil.
Usage Examples for Reviled:
1. He was reviled by the local media due to his Anti-National behavior
2. The area around the dump was reviled for the unhygienic conditions.