RHETORIC is an oft-used word and can be remembered by breaking it into the phrase right oral skills. That itself surmises the meaning of the word rhetoric. It refers to a speech or something that is written, that is intended to influence but is not completely honest or sincere.
Meaning of Rhetoric:
1. (in writing or speech) the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast..
2. the art of making persuasive speeches; oratory.
3. the ability to use language effectively
Sentence Examples for Rhetoric:
1. Being rhetoric was one of the crucial oratory tactics used by Mark Antony to control the fickle-minded Roman mob.
2. Politicians resort to the idea of being rhetoric to woo their voters.