A serene state of the mind when your mind is perfectly still and calm. The goal of meditation is to reach a state of serenity . Serenity is from Latin serenus “calm, peaceful” plus the suffix -itas. The first part of the word is the English adjective serene, which means calm and peaceful. The Latin suffix corresponds to our English suffix -ity and has the meaning “quality or state.”
Meanings of serenity
1. the quality of being unable to exist or work in congenial combination
2. the absence of mental stress or anxiety
3. the state or quality of being serene
4. a disposition free from stress or emotion.
Sentence examples for serenity:
1. The accompanying crowds and noise disturbs the serenity of the park.
2. Her serenity in the midst of such a huge chaos was admirable.
3. The stillness of the lake evoked a certain sense of serenity.