The word site is a noun and refers to the location of a particular structure or building.
It originated around 1400 and has been derived from the Latin word situs.
Meanings of Site
1. The place or location for a structure.
2. To locate or to position in a specific location.
Master’s Tip to Learn Site
The word ‘site’ can be realted to the word ‘sight’ as both the words sound same. And also the place where a building is ‘sight’ed is know as its site.
Sentence examples for Site:
1. This is the site for the new school building.
2. Hubert chose a site for his tent and set up camp for the night.
3. Angelo will site the models for the new buildings in the diorama tomorrow.